Time for some new cat facts! Sorry there haven’t been a lot of new blog posts! I promise that will change next week!
- Cats can drink sea water to re-hydrate themselves. (ajplegacy.physiology.org)
- Catnip can affect lions and tigers.
- Domestic cats instinctively don’t want to drink from the water bowl next to their food because they think it might be contaminated. (Catwisdom101)
- When a cat’s tail is quivering while he is near you, is a sign of affection.
- Cats sleep about 70% of their lives.
- Older cats can have a disease that is similar to Alzheimer’s and it’s called Cognitive Dysfunction Syndrome.
- Most domestic cats hold their tails straight up while walking. Wild cats are said to hold their tails horizontally or tucked between their legs while walking.
- A cheetah can’t retract their claws.