Time for some new cat facts! Here we go!
- There are more than 500 million domestic cats in the world, with 33 different breeds.
- The more you talk to your cat, the more it will speak to you.
- Cats actually have dreams, just like us. They start dreaming when they reach a week old.
- Collectively, kittens yawn about 200 million time per hour.
- Cat’s back claws aren’t as sharp as the claws on their front paws.
- Cats who eat too much tuna can become addicted, which can actually cause a Vitamin E deficiency.
- Cats prefer their food at room temperature—not too hot, not too cold.
- The two outer layers of a cat’s hair are called, respectively, the guard hair and the awn hair.
- In the original Italian version of Cinderella, the benevolent fairy godmother figure was a cat.
- The little tufts of hair in a cat’s ear that help keep out dirt direct sounds into the ear, and insulate the ears are called “ear furnishings.”
- Approximately 1/3 of cat owners think their pets are able to read their minds.
Have a nice weekend!