Time for some more cat facts! Haven’t done some in a while!
- It’s legally not allowed (in Holland — not sure about other countries) to take kittens away from their mother when they are younger than 7 weeks.
- Cats that are able to stay with their mother, may drink from her until they are 6 weeks.
- Between 6 and 8 weeks old, kittens learn from their mothers (and their surroundings) how to become social cats.
- Cats will remember their own feline family members for the rest of their life.
- The mother cat is the most important role model for her kittens.
- Female kittens — in the wild — stay with their mother and sister for the rest of their life.
- The kittens vision is completely developed when they are around 4 months old.
- Cats recognize each other mainly through smell.