It’s time for some more cat facts!
Cat’s whiskers are so sensitive, that it might cause discomfort when you mess with them.
- Cats can’t break down paracetamol.
- A cat’s stomach is empty in 3 hours.
- On average, cats spend 2/3 of every day sleeping. That means a nine-year-old cat has been awake for only three years of its life.
- During the Middle Ages, cats were associated with witchcraft, and on St. John’s Day, people all over Europe would stuff them into sacks and toss the cats into bonfires. On holy days, people celebrated by tossing cats from church towers.
- Researchers believe the word “tabby” comes from Attabiyah, a neighborhood in Baghdad, Iraq. Tabbies got their name because their striped coats resembled the famous wavy patterns in the silk produced in this city.
- The Turkish Van has a water-resistant coat.
- A cat almost never meows at another cat, mostly just humans. Cats typically will spit, purr, and hiss at other cats.
- Cats don’t have sweat glands over their bodies like humans do. Instead, they sweat only through their paws