So much frustration! I had made a video of how easy it is to put the circuit together. But apparently editing it makes the file 4GB (read: impossible to upload). So you’ll just have to do it with text and photo’s!
Catit Senses Play Circuit
I bought the play circuit from Catit a while ago from zooplus.com with a major discount. I was never sure whether to buy it or not, because I didn’t know if Suki or Hiro would like it. I decided to give it a try anyway when it was around 7 euro, instead of 15. euro’s.
The Catit play circuit is a part of the Catit Senses that has a food maze (read about the review here). A massage with catnip, the play circuit and much more. If you collect all the parts, you have one big play circuit for your cat!
The play circuit is a covered circuit that exists out of parts which you can dismantle and put it back together in another desired form. Inside you have a yellow/gray ball. Your cat can stick his paw in from above to get the ball rolling through the track. This way your cat can practice his hunting skills and have fun!
What Do You Get?
If you buy the play circuit from Catit, what do you get?
- Four track segments with the lids.
- Two ends, for when you don’t want the circuit in a circle.
- One ball.
- Lot’s of fun!
Pro’s & Con’s
What are the good and bad things of the Catit play circuit?
- It’s more fun than I thought it was.
- It’s easy to put it together, or to take it apart.
- Easy to clean. I believe it may even be dishwasher safe? (I don’t have a dishwasher).
- Cats can keep themselves entertain if wanted, but you can also play with the two of you.
- If you made a circle, the ball will go on and on and on.
- The manual is clear.
- It attracts a lot of hair. So you might want to dust it off regularly.
- It’s not scratch proof!
- It’s not a quiet toy.
- It might be expensive, especially because there are cheaper versions on the market.
- Some cats like it, some cat’s don’t.
The review on Zooplus.com were 50/50. One half was really positive, and the other half was negative.
Do I Like It?
Yes, I do! Even though it is not scratch proof — I’m not really about detail — it’s fun! It’s easy to put it in a different form if you’re tired of the circle. It’s easy to clean, the cats like it. I love playing with it, with the cats. I can often hear them playing late in the evening when I’m in bed — the bedroom is connected to the living room –, but it doesn’t bother me. To me it means they are enjoying the game.
I am glad that I bought it. I already had a smaller one from another brand. But it was a bit too small, and Hiro and Suki were bored with it easily. This one is bigger, they can sit in it, and actually see the ball without any problems! For cats who like to chase a ball and to hunt, I think this would be a great toy for them.