Saturday, cat facts time! Let’s do this..!
- 7% of cats snore.
- The cat was the symbol of liberty in ancient Rome.
- A female cat can have around three litters a year, a male cat could get that done in one day.
The ability of a cat to find its way home is called “psi-traveling.” Experts think cats either use the angle of the sunlight to find their way or that cats have magnetized cells in their brains that act as compasses.
- A cat almost never meows at another cat, mostly just humans. Cats typically will spit, purr, and hiss at other cats.
- One reason that kittens sleep so much is because a growth hormone is released only during sleep.
- The claws on the cat’s back paws aren’t as sharp as the claws on the front paws because the claws in the back don’t retract and, consequently, become worn.
- 25% of cat owners admit to blow drying their cat’s hair after a bath.
- The more you talk to your cat, the more it will speak to you.
Picture by purina.com.au.