Like you might have read before I made cat treats! I’m not sure if I failed or not, or if they are supposed to look like this. But it doesn’t matter, because Suki and Hiro totally loved it!
- 6 oz. can tuna (That was 5 cans of tuna!)
- 1/2 Cup pre-cooked chicken meat.
- 2 Tsp Flour.
- Lactose free milk (I used cat milk from Whiskas)
- Open all the cans (make sure you got a can-opener that actually works…), drain the tuna, and cook the chicken.
- Combine the tuna and the chicken together with flour and enough lactose free milk.
I used special cat milk from Whiskas. Not sure if that was a good idea. But the instructions were vague. “add enough lactose free milk to make a biscuit type dough”. I think I may have added too much tuna, and tuna doesn’t really ‘absorbs’ milk. I didn’t end up with a ‘biscuit like’ dough.
- Roll into a long wormlike shape and cut into bite sized pieces.
It didn’t want to roll into a wormlike shape without falling apart, so I went with mis-shaped little bits of balls.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes at 250 degrees (F), checking frequently. When light brown, they are done.
I baked them for almost 20 minutes because they didn’t want to turn light brown.
- Cool and serve.
Remember that you have to keep the treats in the fridge, for up to 3 or 4 days. After that they aren’t that tasty anymore, and they had turned quite disgusting.
So did you ever made treats for your cat(s)?
Recipe from mycatsite.com.