I dream a lot about cats. Not because I started this blog, which makes me think of cats almost daily. But it started before that. It began with a little grey kitty that I found and carried it around in my bag made of soft fabric. It took a while for me to realize that I dreamed about cats quiet often. Sometimes about my own cats, sometimes other cats. I usually wake up and remember that there was a cat in my dream. But I don’t always remember the rest of it. Sometimes I write my dreams down, because I think it could be important for the future. But what does it mean if you dream about cats?
Dreaming About Cats
To dream of cats is a link to your feminine side and that it is a dream that is normally associated with females. Cats are usually represented as part of nature and this shows some type of woman in your life. To observe a cat running in your dream, is connected to independence, womanly instinct, originality and supremacy. But dreaming about cats is also connected to difficult times and bad luck. A cat in your dream can also be connected to the Egyptian Goddess Bast (or Bastet). This can be linked to two sides of your nature and personality.The dream symbol has a different meaning, depending if you are a cat lover or not.
The other things in this dream is that someone may be untrustworthy or disloyal to you. To dream of an aggressive cat means issues with the female side, it can also mean that you be dealing with a catty person soon in your life. But to dream of a fluffy cat shows your attitude towards a comfortable life, and you should start taking care of yourself. If you scratched or bitten by a cat symbolizes the devouring female. Perhaps you are taking and taking without giving. You may be expressing some fear or frustration especially when something is not going as planned. It also suggests that you are feeling threatened. If you chase the cat, this shows the current obstacles in your way. When you are afraid of the cat in your dream, it could mean that you are afraid of your feminine side. A cat with no tail, signifies a loss of independence and lack of autonomy.
White cats symbolizes difficult times. Are you currently experiencing difficult times?
But to see a black cat in your dreams means that you are experiencing some fear in using your psychic abilities and believing in your intuition. You may associate the black cat with evil and bad luck. But if the black cat is biting, clawing or attacking you, then the dream means that your intuition is trying to tell you something. And it’s time to face the situation.
Dreaming about a cat that is attacking you, indicates that it is time to move on in a relationship. This relationship has become volatile and you may end up arguing. So try to sort this out. And to witness cat fights you will have enemies who will might cause you loss of material possessions.
A cat that killed a spider suggest that you are expressing your femininity in a seductive and cunning manner and not in an overtly and almost destructive way.
If the cat looks dirty in your dreams this can mean that a friend is likely to recover from a long-term illness. To listen to a cat that is mewing indicates that you have false friends around you. To hear a cat screaming in your dream means that somebody in the waking life have said something hurtful in the heat of the moment. Sometimes people say things in life they did not mean and regret saying that. It is up to you to forgive the person.
If your cat disappears in your dream a’la Alice in Wonderland then the dream may mean that something close to you may be lost to you – but not necessarily your cat. The cat in the dream may symbolize talents and once this cat disappears it is time for you to give up something in your life. To dream of a domestic pet (that you have seen when you were awake) shows your comfort zone.
Or when you see a cat which is currently dead in waking life is a subconscious sign for you to take notice of your inner feelings and interests, and that it is time to release your emotions.
If in your dream you meet a death cat than this indicates that an enemy that you have had in waking life is likely to disappear from your life anytime soon. To dream of a farm cat or to see cats on a farm is an association with your environment in life. If the cat has no tail, you no longer have independence and self-control.
A cat that is eating you, or playing with you indicates the need for social acceptance. To dream of cats talking to you indicates that this is very important for you to make peace with your inner self.
- If you dream of a tortoiseshell cat, you will be lucky in love.
- If you dream of a ginger cat, you will be lucky in money and business.
- If you dream of a black and white cat, you’ll have luck with children; may also mean the birth of a child. And that you may have some source off sadness or regret in the near future.
- If you dream of a tabby, you will have luck for your home and all who live there.
- If you dream of a multicolored cat, you will have luck making friends.
- Dreaming of white cat means good luck.
- To dream of a white cat means luck in creativity, spiritual matters, divination and spellcraft.
- A dream of two cats fighting means illness or a quarrel.
- To dream of a gray cat means to be guided by your dreams.
- To dream of being badly scratched by a cat means sickness and trouble.
- To dream of a black cat is lucky and means that you will encounter a cunning person in the future.
- If you heard the noise of alley cats in your dream, it is a warning to avoid an indiscreet acquaintance in your immediate circle.
- If you hear the scream or the mewing of a cat, a false friend is trying to do you harm.
- To dream of seeing a cat and snake on friendly terms signifies the beginning of an angry struggle.
- To see a brown tabby cat in your dream signifies that you’re going to receive some important news in the near future.
- To dream of a miniature cat indicates that is time to stop and listen to you in a voice.
- Kittens indicate that you are likely to be misled by others.
- A dream of cat food indicates the bright possibilities and opportunities on the horizon.
- A cat with no legs indicates that things are likely to be turbulent for some time to come.
Do you dream often about cats?
Resource: Dream Moods.
And don’t forget to send in pictures for “Cat Of The Month“!
Click the link to see all the information you need to know before sending your pictures in. It only takes 5 minutes of your precious time. You can send them in till the 25th, each month. So send in the cutest picture of your cat(s)